Wednesday 19 February 2014

How I Style: Pastels

Pastels is going to big once again for summer this year. Pastels is something I've never been very good at. The pale colours don't really suit my complexion and I often find it a bit too girly. Nevertheless I've seen some really good pieces this year which I think fit my style a bit more.



1.  Pale Blue Crop Top - Zara
2. Pink Oragami Dress - ASOS
3. Mint Jumper -  Monki
4. Pink Blazer - Boohoo

For me the key to styling pastel pieces is to contrast them with black or white. I just think this helps to make the colour of the pastel item really stand out rather than when you wear head to toe pastel. Like I said I don't like the girly look often associated with pastel clothes so I would definitely try and toughen them up by wearing maybe leather or a pair of more mannish shoes.

I think I am going to try and experiment with pastels this season. Let me know what you think? Will you be wearing pastel colours this season and if so then how will you be wearing them?

For more inspiration on pastels check out my Pinterest.

Until next time,



No comments:

Post a Comment