Monday 22 April 2013

How to Style: Dungarees

I've heard of a lot of people saying how they love the dungaree trend but don't necessarily feel confident enough wearing it. So what I've done is I've find some really cool dungarees online and I'm just suggesting how you could style them mattering on how confident you feel wearing them. I've also added some ways of incorporating other trends. Hope this helps :)

Full Length Dungarees


Full length Dungarees are good if you don't feel comfortable in shorts or if you're like me and you just like the idea of them and they can be styled in a number of ways:
 
1) Less Confident - wear with a nice printed shirt such as floral or even just a plain white button up shirt
2) More Confident - Put on a nice bandeau! Because you have the lengths in the legs you can easily get away with it without it looking "too much" (One shown from ASOS)
3) Trend Alert - pair with a graphic tee such as mickey mouse or perhaps a comic book sloagan!
 
I found these dungarees HERE at daisystreet.co.uk
Printed Shirt - Urban Outfitters
Bandeau - ASOS
Kaboom Tee - Topshop
 
 
 

Short Dungarees

 
 
 

 
 
These are the type of dungarees most people are familiar with, and this particular pair is quite nice in that it is subtly distressed
 
1) Less Confident - wear with tights, converses and a slouchy t-shirt for that laid back look
2) More Confident - try a cute sheer/lacy t-shirt and try and make dungarees that little bit more sexy
3) Trend Alert - pull out your favourite band t-shirt (I'm thinking Nirvana) and your camouflage jacket and do the 90s Grunge trend. Very similar to my outfit HERE
 
These dungarees are from River Island
T-shirt - Topshop
Sheer/Mesh Top - Very.co.uk
Nirvana Top - H&M
 

 

Dungaree Dress

 
 
 
A dungaree dress is great especially if your not entirely sure about wearing dungarees. On top of this skater skirts like the one above can be quite flattering.
Less Confident - wear with a pretty floral t-shirt and brogues for a bohemian look
More Confident - try a bold pair of suspender leggings
Trend Alert - Pair with a bold statement necklace
 
I found these dungarees HERE at ark.co.uk
 
Leggings - Missguided
Necklace  - Topshop
 
I hope this has been useful to some of you! And please let me know if you'd like more on "How to Style" and what sort of things you'd like
 
Also check out my personal style dungaree look HERE
 
COMMENT WITH YOUR LINKS AND I'LL CHECK YOU OUT!
 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment